WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
Updated January 12, 2023
Before Your Appointment:
Complete Your COVID-19 Screening
Those that can receive text messages will receive a text with a link to the screening prior to their visit – a great time saver!
Complete Forms Online When Possible
We will send forms and information that needs updating via email prior to your appointment – this will limit the time needed in office, which in turn limits possible exposures! Of course we are always happy to help with updating information and forms when you arrive too.
When You Arrive At Our Office:
Our Waiting Room is Now Open! Come up to Suite #302!
Come in, make yourself comfortable, and a team member will be with you shortly.
Do Let Us Know that You Have Arrived:
If You Still Prefer to Stay in Your Car While You Wait:
That’s fine! Text the office to let us know you have arrived, and we will let you know when your room is ready.
- A MASK is Needed to ENTER our OFFICE
(If you don’t have one we have them near the Front Door)
The CDC Still Requires Masks in Healthcare Facilities for counties with High Transmission Levels. Dakota County has sustained High Transmission levels for much of the winter. We are watching this closely to keep everyone safe!
- HAND SANITIZER is just Inside our Door
Please - Use IMMEDIATELY Upon Entering
- Please Keep your Mask On at All Times
- Maintain 6 Feet of Social Distancing from Staff and Other Patients when possible
Do Not Enter if You Are Experiencing:
- Shortness of Breath or Difficulty Breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle Pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of Taste or Smell
- Gastrointestinal symptoms that are Unusual for You
- You have come into contact with someone who has known or suspected COVID 19
If any of the above apply to you, PLEASE Call or Text Us to determine whether we need to Reschedule your Appointment
An Urge to SMILE is NOT a Symptom of Covid 19, and Happens A LOT Around Our Office!